Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Learning Styles...

Just want to drop a quick note before I hit the bed.

In class just now, after a set of instructions and an envelop containing small the activity materials were given to us, very quickly H and me prepared ourselves to start the activity.

H being a super Kinaesthetic Learner naturally ignored the printed instructions and quickly dived into opening the envelop, eager to see and explore and figure out the 'what' and the 'how'. On the other hand, I was exhibiting my high Tactile characteristic and jumped into reading the printed instructions. Funny both of us quickly realised how we had reacted and found it amusing.

Looking back, if I were to reflect upon all my previous trainings conducted, I could more or less recall some learners who had exhibited clear and distinct learning styles too. Amazing that I'm paying more attention to these details now.

I will definitely use this Learning Styles knowledge to start observing and adjusting trainings, not just my trainees but my colleagues as well.


* * * * * * * * * *

Here are what's inside the envelop and I see the moral of the game now...

So, what was inside the envelop?
A sliced-up Lesson Plan! We were to rearrange them using the Kolb's Experiential Learning Theory toput them into better and suitable placement from the orginal version + a little backgruond on the trainees.
Interesting and very creative! I'm sure I will adopt this 'slicing' everytime I finish a training plan just to make sure I cater to learners with different needs and dimensions.




No comments:

Post a Comment